Kroger Promotes Green Living with 'Sustainability Lives Here'
Kroger helps shoppers go green during 'Sustainability Lives Here' campaign with digital coupons and affordable, sustainable products throughout the store.
CINCINNATI, April 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This April, in honor of Earth Month, The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) will promote a robust program involving events and customer engagement to help highlight easy, earth-friendly and sustainable living practices. The program aligns with Kroger's corporate sustainability focus, which includes a goal of zero waste designation by 2020. In addition to the Sustainability Lives Here campaign, Kroger is making a $50,000 donation to the World Wildlife Fund to support their global conservation efforts.
The program website SustainabilityLivesHere.com features:
- An in depth look at Kroger's sustainable supply chain initiatives
- More than $60 in digital coupons targeted toward eco-friendly certifications like Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance, Forest Stewardship Council, plus organic and natural products across departments
- A taste of sustainability using eco-friendly products to create healthy recipes, from Shrimp and Orzo Salad to Blueberry Coconut French Toast Casserole
- Green inspiration on how to make small changes in how we shop, prepare and store food, so Customers will throw away less while eating well, saving money and keeping valuable resources from going to waste.
"At Kroger, our goal is to be a positive force for change in our communities and to conscientiously drive sustainability and innovation into the supply chain," said Jessica Adelman, Kroger's group vice president of corporate affairs. "Every day our 443,000 associates work together to serve the more than 8.5 million customers that enter our stores. We strive to make their lives easier, healthier, brighter and a little bit lighter and make a difference."
Kroger has a long-standing commitment to sustainable business practices. The company has:
- Supported 20 fishery improvement projects.
- Donated more than 61 million pounds of healthy produce and proteins through its Perishable Donations Program in 2016.
- Diverted 78 percent of waste away from landfills.
Every day, the Kroger Family of Companies makes a difference in the lives of eight and a half million customers and 443,000 associates who shop or serve in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering – a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service – in addition to our 2,255 pharmacies, 784 convenience stores, 319 fine jewelry stores, 1,445 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kroger-promotes-green-living-with-sustainability-lives-here-300439880.html
SOURCE The Kroger Co.